Polish student visa process You are here because you want to know the process involved in getting your Polish student’s visa. So we will just jump into it. 1. Confirm your university place    You must have accepted an offer from a Polish university and have proof of your place before you can apply for a visa. 2. Find your nearest Polish consulate    You will need to visit a Polish embassy or consulate in your home country to have you visa application processed. You can find your nearest Polish consulate here. 3. Set a visa appointment with the consulate    You will probably need to register online through the Polish consulate website first. 4. Prepare your documents    See below for a full list of the documents you’ll need. The specific requirements may vary between consulates, so confirm with them first. 5. Attend your appointment and submit your documents    Submit all the documents including a printed and signed application form and the visa fee. You should receive a decision within two to three weeks. Applying for a Polish residence permit The type D visa allows you to stay in Poland for one year, so you will need to apply for a temporary residence permit in order to stay for longer, for example, if you’re studying a three-year bachelor’s program. You can apply for a permit by visiting your local Voivodship Office. You will need to submit: – An application form – Identity documents – Proof of your studies – Health insurance documents – Proof you have sufficient funds Your first permit will be valid for 15 months, but can be renewed for up to three years, but not longer than the remainder of your studies. You can only apply when you are legally living in Poland, but before your visa expires. Poland student visa requirements Here are the documents you will need to provide when you apply for a Polish type D visa: – A completed and signed Poland student visa application form – Valid passport (must be valid for three months after your planned departure from Poland) – Official letter of acceptance from a university in Poland – Your CV – School certificates and diplomas – Proof of your English language proficiency – Evidence you have sufficient funds to support yourself during your studies – Health insurance documents – One passport-size photo – Proof of accommodation in Poland – Transport documentation, such as a rail or air ticket Working with a Polish student visa There are no restrictions on working with a Polish type D student visa. International students can work in Poland without needing a work permit, provided you have a valid residence permit. Although it is possible to have a full-time job while you’re studying in Poland, you need to make sure working doesn’t affect your studies. If working long hours has a negative impact on your grades, you may find it harder to renew your residence permit. Interested in studying or traveling to Poland? Let’s hear from you! Start your application by filling out the form below. Takes only 2 minutes to complete Found this information useful? Share

× How can I help you?